- In order to be considered for membership with The
Notables, candidates may be asked to undergo an audition.
- Auditions are usually held for a show that requires casting. In that case
both current Notables members and prospective cast members will be required
to audition for a part in the cast.
- The audition may consist of the following:
- presentation of a song
- sight singing
- brief interview
- Bring the following to the audition:
- Application: [ MS Word
- Prepared music (for the pianist)
- Résumé (optional)
- Head shot (optional)
- Tips for a successful audition:
- Select a song or portion of a song that shows the best qualities of your
voice and expressiveness. Remember, the auditor may not let you
sing an entire song for whatever reason, so prepare a 16 or 32 measure
- Dress comfortably, but not shabbily or overly expressive. Let
your singing sell you.
- Be on time and prepared. Follow directions. Your audition starts
the moment you arrive to the facility and ends the moment you leave.
- When you get a nod from the auditor, take center stage, announce your
name and the song title, then motion the pianist to begin.
- Perform as though you're the best in the business. Who
knows? You just might be!