The Hughes Notables
A funhouse full of summer shenanigans!
June 19, 20, 21, 1985
- Freddie and His Fiddle (from Song of Norway; m. Edvard Grieg; arr.
- I Bought Me a Cat (from Old American Songs, Set I; m. Aaron Copland; arr. Irving Fine)
- It Was a Lover and His Lass, from Liebeslieder Polkas, S. 2/4 (w.
Wm Shakespeare: As You Like It, V, iii, 17-40; m. P. D. Q. Bach; arr. Peter Schickele)
- Bye Bye Love (wm. F. Bryant and B. Bryant; arr. Don Besig) [John Flick,
- The Computer Song (An Automated Romance) (by Linda Williams) [Clyde:
Richard Katz; Penny: Pam Henck; Sally: Georgene Pitcher; Props: Georgene
Pitcher and Janine Anderson]
- Smoke Gets in Your Eyes (from Roberta; w. Otto Harbach; m. Jerome
Kern; arr. William Stickles) [special effects: Nick Hrobak]
- The Drunken Sailor (wm. traditional; arr. Walter Schumann, Frank Erickson)
- Two selections from H. M. S. Pinafore (w.
Arthur Sullivan) [Costumes: Joe Powe; Steve Siewertsen, et al.;
Choreography: Mike DeBartolo, Randy Schwalbe, Joe Powe]
- I Am the Captain of the Pinafore [Joe Powe]
- I Am the Monarch of the Sea [Steve Siewertsen]
- Stomp Your Foot (from The Tender Land; m. Aaron Copland)
- At the Hop (wm. A. Singer, J. Medora, D. White; arr. Ed Lojeski;
originally recorded by Danny and the Juniors) [John Flick, bass guitar;
Steve Servin-Leete, trumpet; Pete Holzer, Tenor Saxophone; Choreography:
Jerry Bennett, Mike DeBartolo]
- Tunesmith (wm. Carl Nygard, Jr)