Bach to Bach . . . and Bach Again
Friday, May 16, and Saturday, May 17, 2008
El Segundo United Methodist Church
- O Come, Ye Who Are Thirsty (J. S. Bach,
from Cantata # 71, Gott ist mein
König; w. Isaiah 55.1; arr. Hal H.
- Sing Alleluia (m. J. S. Bach, from
Cantata # 15; w. & arr. Douglas E.
- Faith in God Comforts Me (m. J. S. Bach;
w. Penelope Moody Allen; arr. Brent
- Cold and Fugue Season (Ellen Foncannon;
based on J. S. Bach, [Little] Fugue in G
- Selections from The Seasonings (m.
P. D. Q. Bach, S. 1½ tsp.; humbly edited
by Prof. Peter Schickele)
- No. 1 - Tarragon of virtue is
- No. 2 - And there were in the
- No. 3 - Bide thy time
- No. 6 - By the leeks of Babylon
- No. 11 - To curry favor, favor
- Selections from Knock, Knock (m.
P. D. Q. Bach, S. 4/1; drolly edited by
Prof. Peter Schickele)
- Knock, Knock
- How Many
- What Is the Question
- So This Guy
- Pop! (A “Can-Can” Salute to
Soft Drinks) (m. Jacques Offenbach; w.
& arr. Kirby Shaw)
- Neighbors’ Chorus (Eng. w. Peter John
Stephens; m. Jacques Offenbach; ed. Jan
Meyerowitz; from the comic opera La
- Saturday Sunshine (1963: w. Hal David; m.
Burt Bacharach; arr. Lou Hayward)
- Takin’ Care of Business (wm. Randy
Bachman; arr. Audrey Snyder; as recorded
by Bachman-Turner Overdrive)
- Pacem Blessing (m. based on J. S. Bach “Air” from Orchestral Suite No.
3; arr. with English and Latin texts by
Patrick. M. Liebergen)
- Alleluia Fugue (m. J. S. Bach, from
[Little] Fugue in G Minor; w. & arr.
Note: This program, with some variations, was previously presented June
3, 4, & 5, 2016.
Director: Paula Kelley
Accompanist: Susan Leilua
- Janine Anderson
- Carol Gogan
- Donna Stogryn
- Pamela Wrona
- Joanne Bradford
- Nancy Brennan
- Sue Brennan
- Sharon Cascadden
- Wendy Cleverly
- Colleen Okida
- Jerry Bennett
- Doug Carlson
- Ed Fletcher
- Michael Thorpe
- David Ellings
- Garry Frank
- Nick Hrobak
- Tony McQuilkin
- Don Norton
Rehearsal Pianist: Ann Dufur
Updated 12/29/2010 & 01/06/2017.
Copyright 2004-2008 The Notables. All Rights